As i mentioned in my “Festive Makes” post that I made this beautiful fudge for gifts, i wanted to share the recipe.
It wasn’t just for gift, I mean we obviously ate it to, in fact i think we ended up eating a lot of it!
See my Festive Makes
Below is the recipe and method i used, which i took from pinterest. Check out my pinterest page to see what other recipes i have pinned! (Find my Pinterest – at the top of this page)
The recipe below should make around 40-45 nice sized pieces of fudge. (The recipe I found was half the ingredients I use below, if you would like less you could always try using half.)
3 x Bags of Chocolate Orange segments (125g bags)
400g of Milk Chocolate – broken into pieces
2 x 395g Tin Condensed Milk
2 x Tsp Vanilla Essence
2 x Knob’s of Unsalted butter
* Line a baking tin with grease proof paper.
I used a rectangular Pyrex dish with grease proof paper .
* Spoon all the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for two hours. Make sure to stir every 30 minutes.
* After two hours spoon the fudge into the baking tin/Pyrex dish and decorate if you want to at this stage.
We added a few Jazzies to one end of the fudge to separate the children from the adults for gift giving.
* Leave the fudge in the fridge between 2 hours and 24 hours before taking out and cutting into nice sized squares.
* For gift giving you could use glass jars, Pretty cardboard boxes lined with grease proof paper or in some pretty cellophane.
* Keep refrigerated and eat within 3 weeks.
We used Cardboard boxes and cellophane to give the fudge as gifts.
All the fudge was eaten and tasted delicious.
I believe the fudge can be frozen for 2-3 months but I didn’t try this… But I must try this. Just imagine… fudge just a defrost away though!
Let me know if you try this recipe and remember you can use half the amount to make a bit less.
Enjoy!… Jay Xx